Yields 2 calzones at 473 calories each.
I made these for me and Morgan on a Saturday morning and it couldn’t have been more perfect! Filling and easy to make your own, we didn’t even need a lunch!
1 cup Self rising flour
3/4 cup Non-Fat plain Greek yogurt
4 eggs (or 2 per calzone)
Sausage or bacon (we used 3 chicken sausage links from Costco each, 1sp)
Garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Then start by combing the flour and yogurt and creating your 2 ingredient dough. I start with it in a bowl until crumbly then move it to a floured surface to start kneading it into a ball.
3. Split the dough ball into 2 equal pieces and press them out thin in a circle or pizza crust shape.
4. Scramble your eggs in a skillet and cook your sausage or bacon.
5. Once those are done start adding your ingredients on one half of the crust, leaving about half of an inch to pinch it closed. We layered ours starting with eggs, then sausage, then fresh spinach leaves.
6. Fold over the empty side of the dough to form the calzone shape and pinch together, I like to roll the edge toward the middle while pinching to really make sure it’s closed. 7. Spray the top with olive oil spray or brush it with egg wash, then season the top with garlic powder or your favorite seasoning!
8. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes until dough is golden brown. Enjoy!