These nachos start with making your own tortilla chips and let me tell you, it makes ALL the difference! This is the perfect meal for when you have leftover chicken or taco meat and nothing to do with it! I don't know about y'all, but I always have extra tortillas and love to turn them into chips using the air fryer! I would even venture to say they are better than store bought!
Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas (4sp for 3 tortillas)
Pre-cooked chicken, diced or shredded
Sour cream, salsa, any nacho topping of choice!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees (have you noticed I cook EVERYTHING on 360 degrees? LOL).
2. Cut your tortillas into 4 or 6 pieces each, spray with a little olive oil spray and throw them in the air fryer.
3. Shake the basket every 4 minutes until they're crispy!
**Mine usually take 8 to 10 minutes total.
4. Next add a layer of foil into the air fryer and if you have the basket style like I do, you can have the foil come up higher on the edges so its easier to pull out.
5. Layer your chips inside then top with chicken and cheese and let them cook just until all of the cheese is melted.
6. Pull out your nachos and top with sour cream and salsa! Enjoy!
WW SMART POINTS
*These points include chicken, 1oz of cheddar cheese (not fat free) and 2 Tbsp of light sour cream!*