Yields 2 servings of 1/2 a squash and 1 cup of sauce for 258 calories!
Making this recipe reminded me how much I love spaghetti squash and how it takes on whatever flavor you give it! I never thought I’d say this but I like it better than zucchini noodles! Definitely give this a try if you haven’t!
1 Spaghetti Squash
1lb ground turkey (or protein of choice)
1 Jar red pasta sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Arrabiata sauce, YUM!)
1 package sliced mushrooms
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
Add minced garlic and chopped onion to kick up the flavor of the sauce!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cut your spaghetti squash in half long-ways.
2. Scoop out the seeds with a spoonand then add a little olive oil, salt, pepper and seasoning of choice (I used garlic and onion powder).
3. Add them to a foil lined pan, cut-side down and bake for 35 minutes or until the inside shreds easily with a fork into spaghetti shaped “noodles”.
4. While the squash is cooking, cook your ground turkey in a skillet, add onion and garlic if you have it.
5. Once turkey is cooked through, add in mushrooms and the sauce and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add sauce on top of your cooked spaghetti squash boat and enjoy!