This warm and savory soup is perfect for any cold night when you need a quick and comforting meal! Its also the perfect meal prep, it tastes amazing reheated and is easy to freeze which is great because it makes A LOT! This is one of those "make-it-up-as-you-go" recipes! It's really hard to mess up, you can seasoning it however you like, and its very versatile. Use turkey instead of beef, add lentils and make it for meatless Monday, the possibilities are endless. I hope you give this one a try!
3 to 5 Bell Peppers (I used green and red)
1lb Ground Protein of choice
1 cup dry rice of choice (I used brown rice)
1 bag of frozen riced cauliflower
1 28oz can Diced Tomatoes
1 15oz can Tomato Sauce (or leftover marinara!)
1 small yellow onion
4 Cups Broth of choice (I used water and Beef Boullion)
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
*I love the Cavender's seasoning as an all purpose seasoning, you can find it at Walmart. You can also use garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika!*
1. Dice onion and saute with olive oil in a large stew pot.
2. Once translucent, add in 1lb of ground beef or protein of choice, seasoning and brown until cooked through.
3. While the beef is cooking, chop your bell peppers and open your canned goods.
4. Drain grease from pan then add everything into the pot (beef, vegetables, tomatoes, rice, and broth).
5. Season well, add your bay leaf and bring to a boil.
6. Once it boils, put the heat on low and let it simmer with the lid on for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked through (Brown rice takes at least 30 minutes, white rice will cook faster)
7. Divide into 1.5 cup servings and store in the fridge for meal prep. I froze my leftovers on the 5th day!
Mine made 8 servings (1.5 cups per serving) at 286 calories & 15g protein.
Print this recipe!